In-person negotiations between Albertsons/Vons and Ralphs and UFCW Local Unions 8GS, 135, 324, 770, 1167, 1428, and 1442 continue this week. Numerous proposals have been exchanged and we have had productive discussions; however, there remains a great deal of work ahead.
We remain committed to winning a historic contract which recognizes your sacrifices and the value you bring to your communities, and:
- Provides pay which reflects your work and commitment
- Improves member safety & security
- Provides sufficient staff to serve your customers
- Offers enough hours and shorter wage progressions
- Eliminates two-tier holiday schedule, vacation schedule, and Sunday pay
- Improves medical benefits
The strength and commitment of the 60,000 UFCW members represented in this contract make these companies highly profitable. By standing together, we will win the great contract our hard-working members deserve.
Meetings are scheduled with the Companies through Thursday, February 24th this week, March 1st through March 6th. We will continue to keep you informed as more detail are available.
In the meantime, please remain united and support your Union in word and deed and together, we will prove … Solidarity Works!